Site contents structure
A multi-lingual site has to be structured in a specific way to avoid 404 when drilling down / navigating.
1. Create, for each Content language, a ROOT parent category for each component used. Assign to the Content Language.
2. Create children categories for each root or parent category. Assign the same language used for the root category.
3. A root category and siblings assigned to Language "All" shall be structured the same way as those prepared for Content Languages.
4. Example of the structure of this site for the com_content categories.
5. Create contents in each of these categories and assign them to the same Content language as the root category.
6. Example for articles.
Use the filters in each Manager to display in function of category or/and Content Language.